International students (non-Canadian residents) are encouraged to apply for entry to either the the face-to-face or online program as either program would be of great benefit to those individuals looking to begin or advance their careers as GIS Analysts or GIS Technicians. The Advanced Diploma in GIS Applications is a university accredited program which has been approved by the British Columbia Ministry of Advanced Education.
The Vancouver Island University ADGISA program offers international students:
- Small class sizes with highly personalized instruction.
- Focused special projects with practical applications.
- Practical project experience under sponsorship in the workplace (face-to-face program)..
- An intensive classroom program in a relatively short period of time.
- An opportunity to study in one of Canada's most vibrant and liveable west coast cities, noted for its temperate climate and friendly people (if students elect to attend the face-to-face program).
International Tuition is $17,400 CAD plus student fees (currently $666.00) for either the face-to-face or online program. Fifty percent of the tuition fee is due upon acceptance into either program. For the face-to-face program (which starts in September) the balance is due by December 1, i.e. before the start of the second semester in January. For the online program (which starts in January) the balance is due by April 1, i.e. before the start of the second semester in September.
- To meet English language requirements, students must have completed VIU's English Language Program, or have already achieved a minimum TOEFL 550, TOEFL Computer Based Test (CBT) 213, IELTS 6.0, CAEL 60, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (min."B"), Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (min."B").
- Conditional letters of acceptance to enter academic programs are provided for students who don't meet the academic language requirements and need to start in VIU's English Language Certificate program.
- University degree or a technical diploma from an accredited college or institute.
- Applicants must provide evidence of having completed the following introductory level courses from an accredited post-secondary institution, preferably within the last three years:
- Geographic Information Systems (equivalent to VIU's GEOG 328).
International students must apply by following the international student application procedure and submitting an international application form (either on-line or hard copy). The application fee for International Students is $150 CAD. For further information please contact International admissions at: email@example.com